Header

Sunday 3 October 2010

Echino cushion no.1

Everyone is enjoying the chance to make a bit of mess, relax, eat chocolate and watch the opening of the Commonwealth Games;  I have also made my first cushion cover.



As with all these things, the planning and cutting all took far longer than the actual making up, and I love it!  I did a simple envelope back in plain natural cotton, and the feather-filled insert works a treat.

This one is a gift for my father.  His birthday is in December, but I don't think I can wait that long, so it'll probably be for next time we see him; sort of a 'Happy 1st Craft Show' present!

4 comments:

  1. I love the cushion. Wonderful mix of fabrics and beautifully done - lucky father! (As you can see I am up again terribly early - unfortunately cannot get at my craft stock until Mr Whizz Kid goes to work - although always a good time to see what others are up to on the net).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6.30, that's a lie in! The girls and I are out of the house at 7.30am during the week. Shame I can't switch their body-clocks onto 'weekend time' though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric & the way you've used it in the cushion - looks FAB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg those fabrics are so fantastic, great pillow, very mod masculine :)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx