Header

Thursday 14 April 2011

More of the same please!!

Another couple of scrappy squares to show you in bright and mustard yellow...


Yesterday involved a trip into the village for morning tea with dear son at the most fantastic bookshop-teashop, surrounded by beautiful books and scrummy cake ( I had to try some cake before I took the photo, it wasn't the waitress!)...


And then a most successful charity shop spree.  A fantastic floral double sheet suitable for backing quilts galore for £3.50 in the first shop, and later on a huge bag of Aida, ribbon and a couple of hoops for 50p!  Yes, 50p!!!


We also spotted this beautiful picture in the French antique shop; fabric and buttons in a beautiful frame, unfortunately my picture through the window doesn't do it justice...


I also got to work on the next stage of Frustrating George!  It was truly the sewing equivalent of a practical joke, on me!!  No matter how hard I concentrated, every piece eluded me!


But I got there in the end... just.

8 comments:

  1. Loving the name of your 'Lynne block' LOL! It turned out really well. Well done for persevering. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Frustrating George, I should be doing instead of reading about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The charity shop finds are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been busy! greta finds and as always fabulous work. love that you couldn't resist eating cake ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frustrating George looks....frustrating! But it's coming a long well and the scrappy squares look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving loving loving your scrappy squares! They are so cute!! I want to make some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your scrappy squares and George too.

    I wish I found such interesting things in my local charity shops. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frustrating George is looking like Fine George to me! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx