Header

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Practice makes...

... well I am not going to say 'perfect', but I wanted to practice making some smaller hexies, just because I thought they would be a super-quick and sweet skill to have in my 'virtual bag', (to go with my 'actual hexie' bag no less!).

So, with my trusty scrap box raided over the weekend, I made this...


... which I then turned into this today...



I found a brilliant tutorial (and remembered to Pin it) on binding non-right-angled corners, but this would have been just too small for a first attempt, and I was way too nervous about spoiling it, so I went square.

I suppose it could be a 'coaster' for want of a title and use; it measures 5" square, the edges of the individual hexagons are a 1/2" and I think it is rather cute.

I also used my machine on the slow setting and it was wonderful!  At first, my gung-ho nature swore I would never stitch at anything slower than maximum warp speed, but I was so wrong.


I've decided that this little hexster is going to go off to a new home in the morning, as a little surprise for someone ;)

18 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how tiny your hexies are. Great work on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and well done...someone will be happy with that little surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky "someone"! I love the fussy cut hexies. I saw the pinned instructions, but didn't realise it was for hexies etc, I shall go back and look again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness they're so little! Look at how great the quilting is on those little cuties! I'm completely impressed. You will make your secret buddy completely happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gordon Bennett! I didn't realise they were that small! That's adorably cute! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very cute, especially the dinky fussycutting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tiny hexies are so sweet. Someone is in for a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute!! I keep thinking my infatuation with hexies will wear off. But that's not happening so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, it's so small and cute. Great job!!

    Ricci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. I can only do the slow machine sewing for so long before my foot decides enough's enough and to get on with it lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you do that?? Too small - I think you got the elves in overnight to sew them up! But just in case you didn't - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! You are something else, lady. Half inch hexies? Going postal? ;)

    It turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too clever, missus!! That is uber cute. Tell me, do I *need* a Pinterest account? I see it's all the rage but never having been in the cool club I'm not a joiner just for the sake of it. Is it really useful?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has arrived safely in it's new home. I just love the small (& cute!) hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely - teeny tiny hexies in wonderful fabrics with a few fussy cuts thrown in for good measure...what's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx