Header

Saturday 5 November 2011

Congratulations & Commiserations!

It was my Grandma's 90th birthday today.  So we took a trip along the coast to Bexhill, cushion at the ready.

The 'back' was greeted with enthusiasm, and then so was the 'front'!

I think we can count it as a success, as the immediate concern was where it could be put so that she could see it when in her room - I went and deposited it at the foot of the bed - no missing it there!


We had cake; the kids got over their initial shyness, then politeness, and were their regular selves by the time we left.  We said our goodbyes and went for lunch at the De La Warr Pavilion and took a look around the Warhol exhibition.  I have 4 year olds who recognise Chairman Mao!

Home to find Judith's Bee block awaiting my attention - thank you J xox - if it stays dry tomorrow, I will get those beauties on the line for all to see.

After tea, we had sparklers in the garden, then a good hour or so lights off, watching all the neighbours' fireworks from the bedroom window; indoors, warm, eye-level and free - great eh!


Whilst the small folk shreaked, ooohed and aaaghed, I basted the Man Quilt on the conservatory floor, so now it is all ready for quilting.  I think I have decided on 'how', it needs to be finished rather pronto, but for sure, no FMQ!

In other awaited news, I came 3rd in Pings' Japanese Scrap Bag Challenge, pipped by 3 votes for 2nd place by Eilidh's stocking and the pair of us basically trounced by Ali's Baby Booties (you broody lot!).  Congratulations Ali xxx


Thank you so so so much to everyone who voted for me - it was really excellent fun - thanks Sarah and Anna for being a great 'team', and well done to all my fellow competitors - this was such a wonderfully spirited competition and I am proud to have played my part xxx

24 comments:

  1. Commisserations on not winning the scrap challenge! Can't wait to see the man quilt. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done in the contest - and I can assure you that as lovely as the booties are, there is not a brooch bone in my body. Having children knocks that right out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the cushion went down well. Commiseration on not winning the challenge. I took can't wait to see the man quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone did really well in the contest, and Sarah did a great job of organising it - but couldn't comment on her blog :-( Glad Grandma liked her cusion. We didn't have to do fireworks at all this year - the joys of having driving daughters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well, you beat me anyway :-P well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad the cushion (I would call it a pillow) was well received. It is functional, maybe she will end up snuggling up with it. The competition was great fun, I enjoyed all of you and think you are all winners. And why fireworks today, not a Canadian thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you take your kids to art exhibitions and that they know their Warhol from their Waterhouse. Granny looks lovely but a photo with granny and kids is guaranteed to provoke an `ahhhh`! Lastly, congrats on getting bronze in the Japanese swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Granny had a lovely day, :) and the littlies did really well too. 3rd place is good :) Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those booties proved to be stiff opposition, hey! Nevermind, you are a winner in my eyes! Looking forward to seeing the Mr's quilt! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done in 3rd- it was a great competition- the children are adorable- love a pic with a granny.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday grandma, wow, she's looking great & your children are positively the cutest 'game show prize models' ever!!
    Those cute booties are insanely gorgeous, makes me want to go back & have another baby just to have someone with feet small enough to put in them, but no, i can contain myself. 3rd place is pretty ace. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute family! Bonfire night sounds fun, as does 3rd place! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The family had fireworks for grandma's birthday??
    I think I missed something.
    Sorry about notnwinning! It sure was fun to see everything though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the pics ... it is so good to catch up and see how your lovely family has grown. xxx
    PS Always a winner in my eyes - where do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great day out and Granny loved her pillow. I loved your Japanese Scrap creations! You're always comin' up first for me :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was there a holiday yesterday? Why the fireworks? If I had known we would have had fireworks at my house so that my hillbilly neighbors could celebrate my Brit background with me! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Grandma...I'm sure she loves the cushion and the kids look proud to present it to her. #rd place is quite a feat. Just being brave enough to submit a project is great. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grandma looks pleased and Hadley you won already getting through to round two - could have really done with some of your tags to id our luggage on the baggage carousel! Must make some myself I guess! Bloody brilliant idea you had!

    ReplyDelete
  19. glad your grandma was pleased with the pillow - sounds as though you had a good day out

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for cushion appreciation, and warm firework watching. 3rd place seems pretty good to me, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad your grandma liked her cushion! Can't wait to see the man quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, well done on the third place, that's still in the medals :) and happy birthday to Grandma...Had a tour of the De La Warr a couple of weeks ago, with a view to it being our wedding venue, what d'ya reckon?

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful cushion. what a lovely day. love your discription of your childrens shyness and then becoming themselves. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tremendtastic tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx