Header

Sunday 20 November 2011

Going for Gold!

I hate 'gold' gold! 

Sorry if it is your precious metal of choice - I am more of a platinum girl myself, though white gold and silver are fine by me too.   Don't get me wrong, if anyone has any bullion lying around, I will happily take it off your hands, but when it comes to stitchery-business, it makes me cringe!

I have "Wise Man 1" to dress for the school Nativity, and this went to the top of the Christmas-makes list last night.  So, I have had to put my prejudice to one side...

Eugh!
This evening I have made a rather basic "outfit" - I daren't say 'dress', but you know where I am coming from.

I need the young man to try it on tomorrow so I can see if I have got the side splits long enough, otherwise his 'striding towards the stable' may look more like an inappropriate 'secretary shuffle'.  So I wound my bobbin, but didn't get my teeth into the gold embellishment (dammit) just in case I have a lot of seam ripping to do!

I know I could have gone to Tesco and bought a shiny outfit for a tenner, but you know me and 'the easy route', I keep missing the turning xxx

13 comments:

  1. Oh I cannot wait to see the gold embellishments! I have to make Emily wings. I wish I had kept the ones I made three years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I too h#@* gold thread! Ugh! But when one's son is one of the 3 wise men of 'gold, frankincense myrrh' type, I see where you're coming from! Good luck with the embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold is not so bad and he will be proud to have a costume that his mom made just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get a reputation for costume making and end up sorting out the entire cast - I know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a gold girl. i love it. but i have to say, gold thread... not my fave. i am excited to see his costume though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, the twinnie moment strikes again, I must make an angel costume for the little lady and the costume book I have has a pic of one I can make with a white sheet (result) but it has fetching gold ribbon on the cuffs and neckline which she got VERY excited about so I also must find myself some gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wise man eh? Well done wee man, beats bein a shepherd with a tea towel on your head :-) I'm sure he'll be the wealthiest lookin wise man on stage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully I don`t have any of this ahead of me although sadly I won`t get to see Zaki in full regalia - of course I have fond memories of playing Mary in the school nativity but I`m guessing you were a Mary too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gold thread is so temperamental to work with, but sometimes using a metallic needle helps and not having gold thread in the bobbin. But it's trial and error really. I'm convinced it comes down to how much your machine likes/hates it. Good luck! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I am platinum and silver and white gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeek! Not the metallic gold thread! (goes to lie down in a darkened room to recover) Good luck with that, rather you than me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck - I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bling, bling, bling!! Oh ... the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx