Header

Saturday 3 December 2011

I have plans...

...for this evening, oh yes!

Too much time spent cutting up teeny wings and beaks over the last couple of nights, meant I was really desperate to do some actual sewing today.

So I got my act together and pulled out my too-long neglected Duo Quiltalong table runner.

I practised my FMQ, and bit the bullet - there was some unpicking, but I will happily live with the less-than-perfect end results...



I have attached the binding ready for all the stitchery required this evening; finishing off the binding and the hand-quilting - I know it isn't the right order, but it will make me happy!


Talking of happy...



Today's Bee mail; lovely Ceri even enclosed these, including a Brit Bee badge - how cool is that!!?

So I have a date with a needle and thread, hope you have a rock'n'roll Saturday night too xxx

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, looking good, have a fab evening with the sewing machine - try not to get too distracted with Ceri's toys in the meantime ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rock n roll evening includes Cars 2 and a McDonalds! Your table runner looks fabulous! I must get some handquilting on my cushion done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes those are very cool! rock and roll saturday night? Ahem yeah - Merlin on in the back ground and my pondering what bag of crisps I'm going to eat next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you are happy and can live with your decisions ...who cares what order you work in? I promise NOT to tell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too much rockin and rollin but while we watched "Case Histories" I finished my baby quilt on Saturday night!! Can't beat a good British (Scottish) drama can you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the teeny bit of table runner I'm seeing there! Looking forward to the full reveal! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't wait to see your table runner. i am so far behind on this quiltalong. january... january.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great to get back to sewing after a few days bcd!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, Strictly and 2hrs of The Killing - rarely gets better.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your FMQ is looking great...well done! looking forward to seeing the finished project. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching looks great...all that practice has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been getting lots of fun mail lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be decorating a little more today but hope to get some sewing in too. Your FMQ looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your FMQ and I can't wait for the 'ta da' post! I know it's completely off topic but do you know how long you had to wait to get an invitation to Pinterest? Yup, I'm succumbing to temptation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww....only just seen this (I'm very behind!) Thanks for the mention lovely, glad you like the badges x

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx