Header

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Paper Paper Everywhere!

I am loving all this paper-piecing I have got embroiled in.

Last night I worked on the third block of Katy's Foundation Paper Piecing For The Terrified, and I think I did OK...


I wasn't consciously planning on a square in the middle, which is fortuitous really, because it isn't, but it was fun none-the less!

Then this morning, after a stint reading at school, I made a teacup to go with Ceri's Teapot for her February Brit Bee wall hanging.  I used Leila's pattern, scaled it down a bit so that it was smaller than the teapot and left out the beautiful heart from the original as the pieces came out so teeny tiny small I didn't want to push my luck.




Hope these meet with your approval Ms Feb.

Although not paper pieced, I then spent this evening making a couple of dancing girls for Judith and Sarah's Bee Blessed which I will show you tomorrow.

But that's not all!  I got mail.  My brilliant winnings from Isisjem's Jan; a Melody Miller/Keyka Lou wristlet with a tale to tell, some great key fob hardware, and maybe some chocolate... there is photographic evidence, but I can't find it anywhere now.

Jan also enclosed a lovely notecard with this felted embellishment...


Thank you Jan, I know this was not the simple giveaway you were hoping for, but it turned out beautifully.  Aren't I a lucky duck!

23 comments:

  1. You are a lucky duck, and your FPP blocks look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky. The mail man must hate you =P
    Loving the blocks.!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lucked out! Firstly, I never get to read your blog and be such an early commenter...but somehow I timed my little bit of laptop time just right today...and then I see ANOTHER gorgeous block for meeeeeeee! I love love love my cup! Can't wait to put all these fab blocks together, Thanks so much Hadley! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say you are now a paper-piecer for sure! I love the cup!! And teapot. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have paper piecing figured out for sure. The cup and teapot and too cute.

    LOVE the wristlet. Nice that it came with chocolate as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I think you've pretty well nailed paper-piecing! Your winnings look really fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks, I especially love the tea cup. And that little bag is wonderful, you are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are getting your paper piecing down perfect. Stitch Tease...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blocks! Your tea pot and tea cup look so cozy and vintage I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blocks Hadley. And brilliant parcel contents....I wonder where that chocolate went??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blocks - they look very difficult. What a great parcel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab paper piecing - love the matching cup! Thanks so much for having a go at Pippi! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am starting to think there are two of you, you get so much done. Everything, as always, looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the paper piecing, think you've definitely cracked it! Enjoy your winnings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see you got your lucky streak back as I am hoping you pass it back to me again! : )

    Great blocks Hadley - so love those fabrics you used! Ceri is one lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blocks - I love how the seams on the back of the string ones create a little star. It's the little things I'm easily pleased. Glad you like the pouch and parcel. I still cringe when I see the wonk though. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your piecing is fantastic, love Leila's cup design with the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your piecing is fantastic, love Leila's cup design with the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a lucky ducky but we love you all the more for it. Fab pp and love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your blocks - looks like you've got foundation piecing sussed! The parcel from Jan is fabulous - wonder what your lucky streak will bring you next?!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your blocks. your teacup is perfect hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That tea set is absolutely adorable! I have the cup pattern printed off and waiting, I just need to get the courage up to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. your paper piecing is amazing! That little bag is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx