Header

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Woo Hoo Wednesday...

I love my days off, especially when there is a decent amount of sewing, an absence of children and a total lack of rain.

Today was one such day.

Last night I put away all tech and rotary cut my Sew Stitchy layer cake and a couple of charm packs.  I ended up with all the necessary pieces for my #xplusalong quilt.  It took a while, even without squaring up those not 100% true pre-cuts, (what's with that!?), probably not helped by only using our tiny side table pulled up next to the sofa instead of a more practical cutting station!  Before bed though, I had 25 little stacks, all ready to be made into 10" blocks.

This morning I thought I better try piecing one block, you know, just for size.  One turned to 5, then six, before I headed out to mail my PLPS6 pouch.

Job done, I came home, and armed with tea, toast and old CSIs on TV, I worked my way through a day's worth of blogs and over 200 emails.

With an hour until school pick up, I made another 3 blocks.  I feel I am having to work in only photo-friendly numbers!


I love how it is looking already; I am making 5x5 blocks and a 5" border of the darker pink birdy print; it's going to be so girly.  I have also been saving the tiny triangle off-cuts to make into 200 1"HSTs; waste not, want not!

There have been other distractions and diversions today, but I am saving those for my Random Thursday post ;)

See you tomorrow xxx

24 comments:

  1. looking fab! And I agree with you about precuts - so annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Nice to not have to phone ring to pick up a sick kid, or be told they had to come home due to snow. Glad you enjoyed yourself and had such a productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!! They look gorgeous :) What a fab day! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just on fire lately with these fabulous makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no kids, but alas I did have work and rain, so unfair! Your blocks look fab though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking fabulous. I love this block as you well know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great day and your blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant...I love the colours. You've been working hard, its feels great to get a whole batch of stuff under your belt doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your so busy and productive and your work is amazing.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how zingy it looks. I hadn't noticed that when I carved up a charm pack. But the colours in your blocks are really popping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, looking goooooood! Sounds like you had the perfect combo today! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your quilt is turning out! And I also watch those old CSIs while sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am planning one of those days tomorrow - can't wait. The blocks are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great! Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG SUPER WOMAN! Do you ever relax? Lovely as usual. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the perfect day. Your blocks are very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely...I swear you do twice as much as anyone else does in a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Hadders, this fabric line is PERFECT for these blocks. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are so pretty and such a great choice of fabric for the block x

    ReplyDelete
  20. And some women spend such a day cleaning, shopping, cooking, ironing, - such a waste of a day off!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx