Header

Sunday 8 September 2013

The morning after the night before...

I finished off the Architextures Spring Carnival cushion last night; I was not happy.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything that's there, but feel like maybe piping or binding would have made it better, but I am not going to unpick again.

Just to top my day off, the pillow form I thought would fit, was way too big, so I had to cut open a smaller one and then give it some extra stuffing and hand-stitch closed.

Oh and then, whilst parent's were no doubt away, some local teenagers were doing the sleep-free party thing all night, so not much sleep for us either, and more than usual grump round these parts today!

I did manage a few front and back shots inside and out before the rain came, and came and came...


Just for those who like a stat or two...
Fabric - Architextures - Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman
Pattern - Ferris Wheel aka Spring Carnival, templates from Katy Jones/I'm A Ginger Monkey
Pieced with Aurifil 50wt in 2021
Quilted with Aurifil 12wt in 2021
Wadding - Vilene H640
Finished size - 19" square

So I did not get my sewing machine out today; I thought it was better not to tempt fate, but played with Touchdraw, spent a few merry hours in a Brit Bee 'email conflab' and watched trash TV instead.

Hoping your weekend felt a lot more successful than mine xxx

25 comments:

  1. You can always send it to me if you are unhappy with it, I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That pillow is gorgeous!!!! I love your version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man what a rough few days for you. I'm so glad you stuck with it, though. Your pillow is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate other people keeping me awake. Makes me grump too. Hope you sleep well tonight. And no matter how you feel about the cushion - it looks fab from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate it when I finish something and only see things I wish I'd done *but* I LOVE your cushion - the colours and quilting are fab. Maybe after a good nights sleep you'll love it too?! And grrr to the teenagers :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic!
    And don't ya hate rude neighbours!!
    Here's to a better day and more sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cushion still looks great. Teenagers are seriously yuk sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks bloody marvellous! Grump here too! So I made jam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillow is lovely, I like it better this way without piping or binding. I hope tonight you sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful cushion. Sleep well but remember to toot the horn as you go off in the morning! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it's settling in nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Had! So glad you got us Brits sorted out too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shame it rained, you could have broken out the lawnmower, hedge trimmer, weed whacker and REALLY LOUD children just to tweak those party-goers with headaches..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pfft kids these days!! Your cushion is totally brilliant, really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It rained, and rained and rained! Thank goodness for that gorgeous cushion!

    Teenagers - I have three at home but it is hubby who has the music on too loud they wear earphones...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got a little trash tv i, makes everything better ;) . We got some milder hurricane force winds and flooding over here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I really like it. I think the last couple of days have been a bit miserable but for no real reason. Much be the change in weather.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a shame you aren't happy with it, specially with all the unsewing you had to do. I think it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's lovely I am sure you will feel more positive towards it after a decent nights sleep. It sounds like you could have done with the power cut we had last night, would have stopped those rowdy teenagers in their tracks that is for sure. We now have a lovely big hole at the end of the driveway but at least the electricity is back on :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nowt wrong with that at all babe. And your efforts for BB were sooo much appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still love it, gorgeous dusty colours, fab stripy back, you'll love it n the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the texty fabrics in the centres, actually love all.of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous cushion - great use of the fabric, i love it!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx