Header

Monday 7 July 2014

Baby Poolside...

I made another bag!

10 minutes after Anna-Noodlehead posted that the Poolside Tote was available for purchase, I had it printed out!

I then printed it out again at 80%.  At 80% you can cut each panel from a FQ.  I kept the original width of handles and accents, but scaled the pocket and adjusted a few measurements by eye.

As with all Anna's patterns, the instructions were super clear and easy to follow and I will be making another at 100% for sure!


Now in the spirit of using what I have, I didn't have any wadding, or fusible fleece, so I used some thermal batting!!  I have had it in my stash since about day one, when I spotted that I could make oven gloves and other useful things in the name of quilting.  I have never made such things!

So my bag is super padded!


The only thing I have omitted (for now), is the final top-stitching, mainly because I think I have a bit of a judder with my walking foot, and the thickness will probably make it look worse than better… I can always add it later!  I hand finished the facing instead and am more than happy with that…


Bonus comment from a 7 year old, "Did you put the leather bit on the zip?  It looks like a proper one!"

I can definitely recommend the pattern; my reduced-scale is a great size, but I can't wait to go large!

21 comments:

  1. Wow it looks fantastic! And you were super speedy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! You don't hang around, do you? My walking foot juddered two weeks ago and then shed it's foot mid QAYG bag - very inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you don't hang around. I want to make one of these but procrastinating as usual ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks brilliant! Just the sort of thing I'm looking for! You know if you need fusible fleece I always have some - just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bag. Love the fabrics you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does that mean the girls can keep their cornetto in it while they go for a swim?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on my to-buy list. And I'll be making one of these smaller than Anna's purely because I'm small and suspect I could live in the 100% version. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You crack me up! It a fab make, Hadders. Super thinking, too, scaling down to a FQ. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Gotta go get me the pattern …being a Bag Lady 'n'all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That opens up fab, even I couldn't lose stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your down-sized tote! I have this pattern and fabrics read to make one as soon as I get the chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this is cute! Am hoping to make a new bag before Retreat but not sure that I'll fit it in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It could double as a cool bag with the thermal wadding :oD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this bag. It looks like the perfect poolside bag

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fabrics, and praise from little ones is always good. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Great choice of fabrics. I was wondering about reducing the size. Thanks for sharing how you did it!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx