Header

Monday 9 November 2015

The dog ate my homework...

I actually have no excuses except 'life' to blame for my one-post-a-week presence at the moment!

Last week was draining and that wasn't just the weather.  Parents evening for the girls - both doing well, a day sorting pressies and then Thursday night's firework spectacular, complete with mud and brollies.  Dear son went hiking and came home with half the Downs caked over his waterproofs and boots, and pretty much all the sewing I did in the week was of the Scout badge variety.

Saturday, a rather cleaner boy went to Brighton Comicon with friends in his Steampunk regalia, and the girls went partying; I came down with some glandular-viral throat/neck thing.  I have plodded on and come out the other side, and today I finally attached my clamshells to My Small World, albeit upside-down; section 4 now complete…

My World is not as grey as this miserable dusk photo suggests!
The girls' presents have just been wrapped so we are all set for tomorrow's 9th birthday celebrations, which will probably commence c.5am.  Later in the week it's hubby's turn, son's parents consultation is after school tomorrow too and an office location announcement at work on Thursday is looking rather like bad news.

But there's a Pizza party and visit from my parents to look forward too at the weekend, and I have a parcel waiting me at the post office which I am hoping is my #schitzelandboominiquiltswap package, but could just be more pressies for others (I lose track!); I'll find out tomorrow.

So that's me in a nutshell.  So please bare with, it's not you, it's me xxx


10 comments:

  1. I need to get sewing on mine. Yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to get back to mine too. I think its the curves in the next section that are putting me off, i already have one botched attempt under my belt :-) Yours is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe the girls are almost in double digits! Hope you get to grips with germs, birthdays and all the other busy crap, and that work is not bad news. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just come out of the other side of a whole heap of birthdays. Hope your germs have disappeared and that tomorrow turns out ok

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've just come out of the other side of a whole heap of birthdays. Hope your germs have disappeared and that tomorrow turns out ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. The change of office location sounds worrying . That's enough to aggravate the glands and throat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! Yes its that time of year again, your twins are a year and three days ahead of 'ours' :) I always remember that. We went down for their party last weekend, a climbing cat party, a little random but they like climbing and cats :) I am sure yours had a great birthday, lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  8. MSW looking fab! Hope the birthdays go well, and hope the work announcement isn't too bad

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that real life interrupts your blog posts. i hope all the birthdays went by without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx